Gifts of Personal Property
How It Works
- You transfer a valuable painting, antique, or other personal property to Civilian Marksmanship Program.
- CMP may hold and display the property or use it in the furtherance of its mission.
- CMP may sell the property at some point in the future and use the proceeds for its mission.
- You receive an immediate income tax deduction for the appraised value of your gift and pay no capital gains tax, so long as the gift can be used by CMP to carry out its mission.
- Without using cash, you can make a gift that is immediately beneficial to Civilian Marksmanship Program.